Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 Pensions Administrator (Bristol) | Permanent
Pensions Administrator – Bristol
As part of the Wilton group, Hartley established itself as a SSAS provider and in 2001 opened its first SIPP. We now offer ISAs, QNUPS, AROPS, and Life Assurance and are also third party pension administrators for one of the UK’s leading investment and trading platforms.
We pride ourselves on establishing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with our business partners and clients by providing them with professional, friendly and personalised administration. Our products are designed to be flexible, straight-forward and relevant to our clients’ needs.
Upon joining the WiltonGroup in 2015, we expanded the range of products and services available to our clients and are thus delighted to be in a position to provide innovative and flexible wealth management solutions.
About the Role
Hartley Pensions are looking for an enthusiastic Pensions Administrator to join our vibrant and collaborative Bristol team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress further in their pensions career within a collaborative environment.
As a Pensions Administrator you will be dealing with the day-to-day administration of the pension schemes. You will be responsible for processing all aspects of pensions and will be liaising directly with clients and advisers.
You will need to establish successful working relationships with key personnel (both external and internal) and work in line with guidelines to achieve organisational objectives. You will be positive, professional and able to work on your own initiative to produce quality work in a timely manner. Additionally, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of services within the department by working collaboratively with the wider pensions team.
Hartley Pensions provide a personalised approach to our customers, and we are looking to develop the next generation of Pension Administrators to deliver a first- class service to our clients.
You will be working within a friendly environment and will be provided with full training and encouragement to achieve your career goals.
- Administration of pension schemes, dealing directly with clients and advisors.
- Receiving instructions and ensuring that any activity is accurately completed.
- Proactively identifying risk within the department and escalating concerns to your Team Leader.
- Liaising with pension scheme members, advisers and accountants.
- Arranging pension transfers by sending and vetting pension forms, using Origo or the Microsoft Office suite to communicate with clients.
- Processing death claims, pension contributions, transfers in and out, benefit requests, and other administrative tasks.
- Updating records accurately to ensure all chargeable time is logged.
- Ensuring all administrative tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and advisers.
- Informing clients and financial intermediaries of specific matters or issues affecting their schemes, especially current or potential problems.
- Ensuring that client deadlines, key performance indicators, service standards and regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Responding to calls and emails from clients in a timely and effective manner.
- Treating clients fairly and maintaining the highest level of compliance.
- Ability to consolidate and process relevant data.
- Strong administrative and organisational abilities.
- An understanding of Origo is beneficial.
- Strong IT skills – able to effectively use Hartley’s current IT suite, as well as Microsoft Office and Excel.
- An understanding of pension benefits is desirable for this role.
- Previous pensions experience is desirable, however prior experience working in an administrative capacity in an office environment is also beneficial.
- Previous experience of working to SLAs or within a KPI driven environment.
- Proven track record of delivering a high calibre of customer service.
- Driven to continually improve knowledge and skillset.
- A “can-do” attitude, with a pro-active approach to work and customer care.
- Good team player with a collaborative mind-set.
What we offer
- Attractive pension package.
- Life assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance from day one, with enhanced cover for wellbeing – including a point systems for free cinema tickets, coffee and more.
- Regular socials and sponsored events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
Role: Pensions Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm)
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000
If this is the role for you then please send your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment Team.
Deadline: This role will close as soon as all vacancies have been filled so apply early!