Salary: TBD Pension Administrator | Permanent
About the job
Are you looking to progress further in your pensions’ career, with a company that is invested in you and your development?
Hartley Pensions are looking for Pensions Administrators to join our Bristol office. You will be working as part of a friendly and collaborative team, who pride themselves on their technical knowledge and customer service. Hartley Pensions provide a personalised approach to our customers, and we are looking to develop the next generation of Pension Administrators to deliver a first- class service to our clients. Come work for a friendly environment, where you will be provided with support and encouragement to achieve your career goals!
A part of the Wilton group, Hartley established itself as a SSAS provider and in 2001 opened its first SIPP. We now offer ISAs, QNUPS, AROPS, and Life Assurance and are also third party pension administrators for one of the UK’s leading investment and trading platforms.
We pride ourselves on establishing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with our business partners and clients by providing them with professional, friendly and personalised administration. Our products are designed to be flexible, straight-forward and relevant to our clients’ needs.
Upon joining Wilton in 2015, we expanded the range of products and services available to our clients and are delighted to be in a position to provide innovative and flexible wealth management solutions.
As a Pensions Administrator you will be dealing with the administration of the pension schemes for our customers. You will be responsible for managing and processing all aspects of the pension and deal directly with clients and advisers.
You will need to know who key personnel are (both external and internal), understand the organisation’s aims and objectives, and work on your own initiative to produce quality work in a timely manner. Additionally, you will be helping to build an improved service in the department by contributing your expertise to the team.
- Receiving instructions and ensuring that any task activity is accurately completed
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and advisers
- Informing clients and financial intermediaries of specific matters or issues affecting their schemes, especially actual or potential problems
- Ensuring that client deadlines, all internally agreed key performance indicators, service standards and regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Proactively identifies risk within the department and escalates concerns to Team Leader
- Liaising with pension scheme members, advisers and accountant
- Arrange pension transfers
- Deal with aspects of property purchases/sales
- Respond to calls and emails from clients in a timely manner
- Treat clients fairly and maintain the highest level of compliance
- Process all scheme changes
- Update records accurately to ensure all chargeable time is logged
- Ensure all administration is completed to a high standard
Skills and experience
Pensions technical knowledge and an understanding of pension processes is key.
Ability to identify and process data.
Strong administrative and organisational abilities.
Strong IT skills – able to effectively use Hartley’s current IT suite, as well as Microsoft Office and Excel.
An understanding of pension benefits is desirable for this role.
Previous pensions experience is desirable
Previous experience of working to SLAs or within a KPI driven environment.
Proven track record of delivering a high calibre of customer service.
Driven to continually improve knowledge and skillset.
A “can-do” attitude, with a pro-active approach to work and customer care.
Good team player with a collaborative mind-set.
What we offer
Private Medical Insurance from day one
21 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
Regular socials and sponsored events
Cycle to work scheme
Train ticket loan scheme
Attractive pension package
Death in service and life cover
Deadline: This role will close as soon as all vacancies have been filled so apply early!